LFW: Dissecting Flowers at Christopher Kane Spring 2014

Wednesday 20 November 2013

Gah. I'm so bad at blogging. I was going to write this Christopher Kane post following the Ashish Spring 2014 collection but got sidetracked and I never got to it...next time when its fashion week again (in Feb!) I should just do a round-up of my favourites rather than do a collection by collection post. I never have the time and it's hard to keep up with fashion week! Anyway, I really really loved this collection. I'm a huge fan of laser cutting! Depending on what your laser cutting, I think it's such a versatile machine cutting on plastics or fabric. I just loved using it at Uni, too bad I never got to use more of it.

The photos below (courtesy of style.com) are some of my favourites from the collection. I really loved the idea of using dissecting flowers from a Science textbook and photosynthesis. Flowers are always used in spring summer collection but the way Christopher Kane has interpreted it in his own way represents a unique concept. I think the detailing on the sweatshirt are gorgeous and there are really great use of fabrics in the dresses. So much attention to detail!










No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan